Hello and welcome to my blog

Hi everyone,

Wow!! This is quite a big step for me to jump back into the word of blogging. You see, I did have a blog, many moons ago, and it was all about makeup and shopping. I loved it, I loved buying all the new things and interacting with new people and making new friends, but after a while I just gave up and just quit, thinking that maybe this wasn't for me.

Fast forward 5/6 years give or take, and my life is seriously different to the one I used to have. Gone are the days of shopping and doing whatever I wanted whenever I wanted. Now, due to ill health, I rely on a wheelchair to get about and crutches for short distances. I haven't been to my town centre in 2 years, can't shop on my own, can't really go anywhere on my own. I rely on friends and family to help me around the house and to take me places.

But, in that time, I have found my love for reading and colouring. There is nothing more I love than sitting with a good book, a cup of Nescafe and a piece of cake or sitting at my desk turning a simple line art drawing into a world of bright flashes of reds, blues and greens. Time seems to just whisk away, and the constant pain I am in, just doesn't seem to be in control of me in those few  moments.

So, today, I have launched this blog and I am going to use it to document my reading and colouring journey. I will review books, show my artwork and I hope to try to make your corner of the world just a little more colourful and interesting.

Love Zoe x

Comments